Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Post Xmas World.

It's almost three on December 26th, and I'm still in my PJs, with dirty hair. I'm at my mother-in-law's house, and I feel like a kid home from college---lazy and indulgent.

Joel, who never does this, slept on my lap for almost two hours today. Curled eyelashes. Soft breath. Yummy-smelling head. Delicious.

Owen and his cousin, William, have been playing an extensive and complicated game of "It's Mine," and "Monkey See, Monkey Do." Some of the moves of this game include:

1. Snatching cars away from each other.
2. Screaming about the injustice of it all.
3. Mediation by a parent.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Last night, the boys were both in time-out before we started eating Christmas dinner.

You can either get really aggravated or keep perspective. I'm attempting the latter.

I love my cousins, but we did not spend major holidays together, due to us being out in the no-man's-land of AZ, while they were in Illinois. So, it's neat to see Owen and William, both born in 2006, become friends, rivals, annoyances, and joys---in other words, siblings.

This is both a wonder to watch and a fearful harbinger of things to come. At this time next year, I. Will. Have. Two. Toddlers.

I love the idea of this, but right now, as I shake the dust off my PJs and contemplate combing my hair, I just can't put my mind around it...

No comments: