Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dude. Seriously?

I'm gifted, y'all.

I can blow almost ANYTHING out of proportion.

Case in point: yesterday's post. I stand by what I said, but I want the world to know that Owen's teacher is one of the good ones. She's smart. Warm. Caring. Creative.

Owen thinks the world of her.

I think she just had a bad day yesterday. We're all entitled.

I love, though, all the support and love you passed on in your comments. Momma-bears unite!

***
This is another thing that I blow out of proportion:
 
That's totally not what I meant. Sickos.


I mean, really? Really?

I took this picture at a red light, so I couldn't zoom in any closer. Trust me when I say this: there were veins on it. Veins!!!!

This, sadly, is not the only car I've seen um, adorned in such a fashion. It's a local thing. Maryland: home of the Blue Crab, Old Bay Seasoning, and Plastic Testicles.

When my boys ask me about them someday, I will reply, "You want to know what those are? That is what we call overcompensation."

***
Here's another thing I'm blowing out of proportion. Blogger is messing with my business again. I just spent five minutes--FIVE MINUTES, PEOPLE--setting up a Picasa album so I could download that lovely shot for your viewing pleasure. I had to load the thing to Picasa, and then fetch it for you.

I know nobody cares about this, but it bothers me.

However, I can download video, apparently, so I will link one up right now, just because I can:
Yes, it is sideways. Yes, it is almost a year old. It's my baby slow-jamming to Maxwell. Awesome Sauce.

Some blogs end with a funny point that ties it all together. Some blogs cause you to laugh, and think. I'll just leave you with a picture, because I enjoy complicated activities almost as much as I enjoy banging my head against a wall.
I'm drinking a glass of milk, pretending to be The Dude from The Big Lebowski. 

This is from a failed blog entry that never happened because it was just stupid, not funny. Plus, the picture is less than flattering.

Now, since the picture is already downloaded, you get to see it. 

The end.

22 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

The new picture upload-download thingy is annoying! I noticed the same changes this morning. Just yesterday it was user friendly and it took some time for me to make friends with the new method today!

Those plastic testicles-- I've seen them everywhere too. Bronzed ones, gold ones, veined ones. It's so gross. Like on pit-bull wannabe vehicles.

Together We Save said...

You are to funny... oh and I have also seen those wonderful jewels hanging from peoples cars... My question is how to I and my girls guestion "Mom what is that"?

Rebecca said...

The boys on that video are just all kinds of cute! Thanks for sharing.

Kori said...

I kind of like them...they go with the big set of horns I have on the front and the Idaho potato license plates. They don't call us hicks for nothing.

Unknown said...

RE; the plastic testicles.

I live in Alberta. I see them everywhere. I too, do not understand. But eh...

Milk! Does a body good!

Cat said...

Wow, I'm in the deep south and haven't seen those on a truck yet. Just... wow.

I hate the new picture thingy.

cheatymoon said...

Have never seen such a thing. Crazy.

Love the dancing baby jam.

Blogger has been a jerk lately. Not looking forward to more.

Cheeseboy said...

Ha ha! Love The Big Lebowski. That is a perfect pose.

Glad things have kinda mellowed out with the teacher.

Maggie May said...

Right now I'm thinking you are AWESOME. That is all.

Coby said...

New Mexico: Ranchers, cowboys, rednecks...truck testicles. All the time.

Thanks for the laugh today!

Anonymous said...

I live in Nevada and there are lots of those dangling truck testicles. Guess there are just rednecks all over the place huh?

Claudya Martinez said...

This post has some balls on it!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Too funny! Sorry I yelled at Owens teacher everyone has bad days that is for sure....I'm certainly guilty. Have a great day..love the video!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Very unfortunately, the car sac is not just a local thing. I see them often here and find them repulsive and idiotic.

adrienzgirl said...

Those trucks are all over redneckhillbillyhickville where I live.

But between the truck and the picture of you at the end? All I got is this one quote:

"Of course they were Nazis, Donny! They were threatening castration! Are we going to split hairs here? Am I wrong?"

Liz Mays said...

I relax with a glass of wine. You choose milk. Ok then.

Minivan Lover said...

I hate balls. Not basketball or the ilk. Just man balls.

Also, to the post about the teacher- that is ahy you have a blog you can actually let it out without any major kickback. Well- usually. ;)

Angie Muresan said...

Haha. You are funny! I know I always say that, but you are.

Yeah, I have a tendency to blow things out of proportion too. So what?

Aunt Becky said...

I'm constantly threatening The Daver with those. CONSTANTLY threatening to put those on his CR-V. He'd MURDER me while I slept if I did it, though.

Mama-Face said...

you need to know that you educate as well, at least me. I see those hangee down thingees whilst driving about and I've never ever thought about the symbolism. NEVER entered my mind. doh. I mean I get it...I just never thought about it. haha. veins. ew.

Every time I see a big ole Dodge Ram Truck I think...OVERCOMPENSATING. Unless that's what you drive and then I think AWESOME!!

dek said...

The Nance abides.

Tracie said...

Those things are so disgusting. I see lots of them in the Wal-Mart parking lot.