Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Owen, Joel, be grateful Mommy has this blog.

Because I'm feeling very frustrated today, I'm going to list some of the things I love about my boys, because if I don't think more positively, it could be an ugly afternoon.

Owen's Roll Call: Sitting on the couch, Owen looks around the room and says, "One Mommy, One Daddy, One BabyJoel, and One Owen! I love Mommy, I love Daddy, I love BabyJoel, and I love Owen!"

Owen and Nature: I'm not sure if this is imagination, or, more likely, too much television watching, but Owen has all sorts of classifications regarding trees/plants.

Weeping willows are "Naughty Trees," and Maples are "Smiley Face Trees," Any tree that is sharp or spiky is a Cactus (this includes roses and all trees once they lose their leaves).

When he can't find Daddy, and Paul's not either working or in Wisconsin (which, as far as Owen is concerned, are the only places that people ever are), then Daddy must be "hiding in the bushes." That Daddy!

Owen is always talking about how he's going to climb the "very big tree very very high," when in fact, the only tree he's attempted to scale is the three foot sapling in front of the church. Speaking of church, on a drive home from Sunday School, Owen explained that Jesus loves to climb up very high in trees, then go pee-pee. That Jesus!

Joel the muscleman
When awake, Joel wants nothing more than to practice standing, with a parent holding each of his hands. He will pull himself up, go down, breathe deeply, and repeat the process until his head starts wobbling around like Dwight Schrute's bobblehead. Let me be clear: Joel is far cuter than Dwight Schrute.

Joel the hair man
Yesterday, I leaned over Joel, and he touched my hair, rubbing it gently in his hands, cooing.

I'm truly very blessed.

No comments: