Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rain + Melancholy= This

Reasons why winter can kiss my butt: 
1) No tomato-plant smell.
2) No dinners on the back deck
3) No afternoons at the pool
4) No berry-picking
5) No solid, activity-fueled naps.
6) Cold and flu season.
7) Potholes.
8) Ugly, naked trees.
9) Close-toed shoes are an abomination.
10) The State of the Union address.

Things I will begrudgingly admit are okay about winter: 
1) If you live in places like Colorado or Pennsylvania or even Wisconsin, skiing, snowshoeing, and ice-fishing are Schnapps-drinking good times. (Of course, I live in Maryland.) 
2) Christmas is fun.
3) Eggnog is delicious.
4) It's nice to snuggle up with a cup of herbal tea at the end of the day.
5) Nobody sees your thighs when you wear jeans and sweaters.
6) Owen was born in February.
7) At least the days are shorter.
8) Lost returns to the airwaves.
9) The mosquitoes and ants are dead, for a season.
10) I get to wear scarves and stocking hats.

Thus sharing these oh-so-mundane thoughts, I'm off to put on another ugly, shapeless sweatshirt. Then, I will attempt to amuse my children by making animals out of recycleable materials. I'm sure it'll be a hoot.

(Kill me now).

1 comment:

Corrie Howe said...

I'm sending Faith over to your house to "help."