I went wine tasting.
I know. We all have to give.
We went to a winery right here in scenic Southern Maryland, proving once and for all that we're more than just a Super Wal-Mart and the Lord Calvert Bowling Alley.
It was quite lovely.
Those are actual grapes growing but I was too
My friend, a former professional chef, made up a plate of awesome, and we sat in the tasting pavilion and forgot we had responsibilities.
I learned a few things:
1) It's considered tacky to bring a straw.
2) Malbec and Glenn Beck are very different. I would never bathe with Glenn Beck.
3) Perhaps it was not my greatest idea to bring up, apropos of nothing, the topic of sex toys. Several times.
4) Two very funny words include: "Niagara" and"Cuyahoga."
5) Normal people do not want to discuss my blog or theories about the season finale of "Lost."
6) The pourer was okay with spontaneous hugging. Not enough to fill 'er to the rim, though.
7) I don't understand anything about wine except this: I like it.
What is the best bottle you've ever had?