Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Owenisms

This is Owen's uninterrupted narration while I am sitting here, attempting to write:

"Mommy's being a pirate. I put hat on you. I put pirate hat on you. Arrgh, mateys. Now, you're done being a pirate. Now you're going to be a pirate some more. I'm making a pirate ship. Mommy, hop in the pirate ship. We're driving the pirate ship home. I'm driving the pirate ship. Yo, ho ho! I got to the lighthouse at the bottom of the jungle. Yo, ho ho. I have a treasure chest! The lighthouse at the bottom of the jungle has treasure. Yup. Okay. I got to drive the boat some more. I'm driving the pirate ship home. There's the water that will go in the pirate ship. Mommy's a pirate. I'm not a pirate. I drive an ambulance to the pirates. I say, "Owen, look at all these pirates." A vacumn will drive to the pirates. Look at all these pirates! These are nice pirates. They're pirates. They do go on the pirate ship. This gotta go on the pirate ship. V is for violin. Van is for yo-yo. Vacumn is a ja-ja-jah sound. Yo-ho-ho. To the pirate ship on the lighthouse under the jungle! You're done with the pirate hat! You have the pirate hat on your head. I'm taking the pirate ship to Danielle's house."

Got all that? I'm cashing in my chips; no writing is happening today. Owen has treasure to take to Danielle's house, and I have to drive our ship to the lighthouse at the bottom of the jungle.

Argh!

No comments: