Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snowy Images

It's snowing. I'm looking out the window and seeing actual fluffy snow, falling down from the sky and sticking to the deck. This is a big deal, because Maryland is cold, windy, and gray, but rarely provides residents with the pay off of pretty snow.

Here are some pictures of our day:





Owen's preparing to go outside. No, he's not channeling Heath Ledger. He licks his lips constantly, and despite our arsenal of lotions, chapsticks, and creams, he has two smiles.







Even though Owen will turn three in a month, this is the first time he has played in real snow. We attempted to play with a dusting of sleet last year, but it just wasn't the same. My mother has purchased snow suits and ski bibs for him since he was a baby. This is the first time he has ever worn one. He called it his "snow costume."




We don't have a sled, because we just don't. I called Paul asking what I could use as a makeshift sled (since I'm no longer at college, I couldn't use a tray from the dining hall). He suggested a storage box. Genius.




I think he liked it.


Finally, a shout out to Joel, who slept through the entire snow adventure. Yes, he is a second child, because Owen's in the picture, too.

















No comments: