Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Most Pointless Build Up to a Cookie Recipe Ever

After yesterday's insomnia post, I decided to drink a purely medicinal glass on Pinot Grigio (Mommy's Time Out, if you're curious) before bed.

I woke up nine hours later, fresh as a daisy, and channeling my inner Miley Cyrus. I was both shaking my hips and nodding my head like yeah. Good thing that Britney song wasn't on, or I could have injured myself.

(Thanks, MamaPop, incidentally, for bringing that song back from the dead for me.)

We had a busy day today.

I decorated for the Fall Holidays:

Awesome

TERRIFYING. 

Other highlights include Owen eating a carrot: 

Also, me pretending to eat his carrot, much to his amusement and my dorkosity:


Joel felt compelled to share that he was enjoying his peanut butter:

He also ate my face.

As you can imagine, all this pouring candy corn into jars and taking blurry pictures with a cell phone can take the Miley right out of a girl.

So, I did not make delicious cookies, as I had planned. Trust me, they are really good. Have I let you down yet?

Don't answer that.

Awesome Cream Cheese Cookies
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1 package of cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
1 package of yellow or chocolate cake mix.

Cream butter and cream cheese. Blend in egg yolk and vanilla. Add cake mix (just the dry cake mix) and cover and chill for approximately thirty minutes. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Roll dough into balls and roll in sugar. Flatten on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-20 minutes.

They are to die for. Check in with adrienzgirl if you want to see other delicious cookie recipes.

20 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

These sound yummy. I love cream cheese anything. Which do you prefer the yellow or chocolate?

I love the spiders by the way. Halloween decorating is just so fun. Fall in general, I just love it!

Also? dorkosity = new favorite word

Macey said...

Oh those cookies sound SOOOOO good!
I love cream cheese.
And candy corn. I passed a big bag of it today and refused to buy it cuz if I did??? I'd eat it all.

Anonymous said...

I haven't decorated for fall yet. I really need to though. These cookies sound really good. I love cream cheese.

Shell said...

Those sound good! And easy. My kind of a recipe.

Rebecca said...

Totally love the photo of Joel eating your face!

Matty said...

I hadn't even started thinking about fall holidays and here you are already ahead of the game.

I love your time out routine. Seems like it works too with a good night of sleep.

Carrots and peanut butter. Great combo.

And I'm all for cookies. They don't call me the cookie monster for nothing.

KristinFilut said...

This sounds like another fun baking project for my daughter!

Jenny said...

How can you possibly think any build up is pointless leading up to such a yummy sounding recipe?

Love the eating face picture.

The Blogging Goddess said...

Those sound delici...and what darling pics. Is it time to decorate for fall...sheesh..I'm so far behind!

shortmama said...

You had me at the candy corn

Andrea said...

Hmmn, I was going to say these sound like cake box cookies - minus the cream cheese, BUT they also sound like the Paula Deen's ooey gooey cookies I've done the past two years for cookie swaps at holiday time. YUM! Ahhh. Try spice cake mix, too -- DEEEE LISH!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Omg....I have to admit I love that Miley song shhh..don't tell! Do cob weds count as fall decorations cause i have lots of those!! Candy corn are all gone here...it's my crack!

Mama-Face said...

ah. I love your decorating style. for reals.

TKW said...

Pinot Grigio is, indeed, good medicine.

I love that picture of him eating your face! That's love!

Anita said...

I was all into the pictures of you and the kids until I saw the cookie recipe. I've got to try it! :)

Minivan Lover said...

They sound amazing. How about you make them and invite us over to help eat them. We will bring chocolate milk.

Bekah said...

Definitely making these!

Buffee said...

I'm so thrilled you posted this recipe. . . . It had my sissy all excited about making a lemon cheese cake cookie! I can't wait to see what she comes up with! Yay for cookies!

Unknown said...

I am a big fan of cream cheese, and these sound very similar to a kind that I make, so I'm sure they're delish!

The pics are precious, as usual.

Oh, and I love carrots. And peanut butter.

cheatymoon said...

The cookies seem yummy. I may have to make some.

Cute photos, as usual.