I don't have cable anymore. We only have the main channels and PBS now.
This has changed my life dramatically:
1) I am no longer jealous of Paul's infatuation with CNN's Robin Meade. Move along, honey. He's taken, and he can't watch you anymore to "stay informed."
2. Our marriage will no longer be under siege due to my HGTV-induced rantings. What man doesn't love comments like, "You need to put up crown molding NOW! Get off the couch and DO IT!"
3. No more Backyardigans. Not to worry, though. Most of the kiddie songs are on the iPod. (Tell me this one isn't catchy--I will listen to it when driving alone. It's the James Brown horns that suck me in.)
4. I will be even more out-of-touch with pop culture, now that I no longer have The Soup, RuPaul's Drag Race, My Life on the D-List, Project Runway, or The Real Housewives to teach me about style, fashion, and class.
5. There is a silver lining to all this, however...